Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I find these to have a nice texture and flavor. For a whole wheat bar, I feel they are very good.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted plus enough extra light olive oil added to make 1/3 of a cup
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips or 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- Pour coconut oil/olive oil mixture into a large bowl.
- Add honey, egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.