Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a favorite in our house. My daughter doesn't like fruity things in her muffins, so we started trying to make muffins she would love too. She is always left out when we make blueberry muffins. Using the larger bittersweet chocolate chips gives a very pronounced bite of chocolate. We've tried others chocolate chips, but we never like them quite as much.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (or ground flax seeds)
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease one muffin pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar in large bowl.
- In separate bowl mix dry ingredients except chocolate.
- Beat together eggs and milk.
- Mix milk mixture, butter mixture and flour mixture.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Separate batter into twelve muffin tins. Bake 20 - 25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and muffins are nicely browned.