1/1 Photo of Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Another winning recipe from the Nutrition Action health letter, using tub light butter and whole wheat flour. People are surprised how much they enjoy the flavor of these, and I have to agree! The texture and taste won't disappoint. Refrigerate any unused dough, as they're best the day you make them. Makes 48 (3/4 ounce) cookies. If you prefer larger cookies, just increase the cook time by a few minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combined the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the tub light butter and sugars and beat until smooth.
- 3Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- 4Add the flour mixture and beat until all the flour is combined.
- 5Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
- 6Drop the dough, one spoonful at a time onto an ungreased baking sheet (NOTE: I've found refrigerating the dough, especially overnight, makes it much easier to shape and more like store bought cookie dough).
- 7Bake at 350 F for 10 to 15 minutes or until cookies are just browned.
- 8Remove from the sheet to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.6
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 57.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g