Another winning recipe from the Nutrition Action health letter, using tub light butter and whole wheat flour. People are surprised how much they enjoy the flavor of these, and I have to agree! The texture and taste won't disappoint. Refrigerate any unused dough, as they're best the day you make them. Makes 48 (3/4 ounce) cookies. If you prefer larger cookies, just increase the cook time by a few minutes.
- Combined the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tub light butter and sugars and beat until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until all the flour is combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
- Drop the dough, one spoonful at a time onto an ungreased baking sheet (NOTE: I've found refrigerating the dough, especially overnight, makes it much easier to shape and more like store bought cookie dough).
- Bake at 350 F for 10 to 15 minutes or until cookies are just browned.
- Remove from the sheet to cool.
These cookies came out ravishingly! I used King Arthur w/w flour and Green and Blacks 85% chocolate chunks! The texture is really superb. . If I were to make these cookies for my vegan freinds, I could easily substitute a t.b. golden flax meal for the egg! Simpke and delicious.