Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
I received an email from Best of Spark People and this recipe was featured. You can find it on www.sparkrecipes.com website. Here is what the website says: Classic chocolate chip cookies with slightly modified ingredients to make them healthier, yet just as tasty as the original.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular, artificial sweetener
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl sift together flours, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl cream together Splenda, brown sugar, butter, applesauce, egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and pour in chocolate chips. Stir until combined, don't overmix.
- Scoop onto baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake 13-18 minutes.