Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found in magazine. What is the nutritional breakdown?
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant or quick)
- 1 cup whole grain wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup Ghirardelli double chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put oats in a food processor fitted witha steel blade, then pulse until oatmeal is broken up into small pieces (not powder!). Add the flour and process a bit. Next, add the walnuts, oil, maple syrup and salt and run the food processor until well mixed. Dump batter into a bowl. Add the chocolate chips and mix through. Drop the batter onto a large cookie sheet, a generous tablespoon per cookie. Bake for about 12 minutes. Remove cookies and cool on a plate. Freeze leftovers. Makes 12 cookies.
Great recipe! I used canola oil and honey, and they turned out really nice! Might try them with white chocolate chips and maybe dried cherries next... Thanks for posting :)