Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Here is a chocolate chip cookie recipe that satisfies the sweet tooth and will have your waist line thanking you :) Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar (or equivalent Splenda substitute)
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (or other egg substitute)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix sugars, butter, applesauce until well blended.
- Add in vanilla and eggbeaters
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt ( dough may be stiff)
- If necessary, add approximately 1/3 cup more flour, depending on consistency of batter.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until light brown(centers will be soft).
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.