Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my personal twist on a recipe I found by Fiona Haynes on About.com. I make it with whole wheat, white flour, more bananas and chocolate chips. To die for!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon flour gently into measuring cups and level with a knife.
- Stir flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl. Put aside.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl and beat at low speed with a mixer until well blended.
- Add one egg at a time and blend well after each one.
- Add in mashed banana, yogurt and vanilla extract, and beat until blended.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until they are spread throughout the batter.
- Add flour mixture and blend until just moist. Do not over-mix.
- Spray an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean).
- Remove from pan after 10 minutes or so and cool on a wire rack.
Delicious! I loved that this recipe has less sugar and butter than most of the other recipes. I used half white flour, half whole wheat flour. I followed the rest of the recipe exactly and it turned out great. This is definitely a banana bread I will make again and again. Next time I think I may try it without the chocolate chips - the banana flavor is yummy all by itself - and without the chocolate I wouldn't feel bad when my daughter is begging for more! Thanks for the recipe!