Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is an updated, healthier version of a recipe my Mother has been making for years. It can be found here: http://lobsterandfishsticks.com/ Its a wonderfully flavorful quick bread, made healthier with the reduction of sugar and the addition of whole grain flour.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup cherry juice
- sift the dry ingredients, then add the cherries and nuts.
- add the wet ingredients, stirring only until moistened.
- pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes, or until browned.
- let cool on cooling rack.