Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are wonderful little mouthfuls of joy. Easy to make and go nicely with a lunch salad.
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup .whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Combine the cheese, whole wheat flour, butter, salt, and paprika and work till crumbly. add the water and work to a stiff dough.
- Place the dough on a floured board.
- Roll it until it is very thin.
- Cut into shapes.
- Place them on a greased sheet and bake the wafers in a hot oven 450 degrees until they are light brown.
- Serve them while they are crisp or reheat them in a hot oven 450 degrees.
I put these in the oven and checked on them a couple minutes later, and there was just one big puddle of bubbling cheese. Very hard to get off the cookie sheet. It was just like a piece of fried cheese.