Recipe by Girl from India
Non sweet and nutritious. I discovered these from Tarla Dalal's vast ocean of recipes. Not made these. But plan to this weekend. Storing for easy reference :)
Top Review by realbirdlady
These really didn't work out for me. While there was a delicious cheesy cumin smell while they were in the oven, the end result was mostly greasy, too short to be pleasant to eat. Obviously some people have made them successfully. I think the problem may be with the "cheese spread" ingredient - there are lots of different sorts of cheese spreads, and probably I picked the wrong one.
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, plus
- extra salted butter, for greasing
- 1⁄4 cup cheese spread
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a cookie sheet lightly.
- Cream the butter and cheese spread till well fluffed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and knead into a soft dough.
- Roll into 1/4 inch thickness and cut with a cookie cutter Prick the cut outs with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes or till the cookies are golden brown.