2 hrs 30 mins
Queen Dragon Mom's Note:
Adopted! Original poster's note: This is a healthy whole wheat challah recipe with a light texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Activate yeast in 1/2 cup water with sugar.
- 2Beat in remaining 2 1/2 cups of water , 5 cups flour, oil, honey, two eggs and salt. Let rise 30-60 minutes.
- 3Punch down. Add the rest of the flour slowly while kneading, until dough no longer sticks to fingers. Cover with damp towel.
- 4Allow to rise again until double in size. Punch down. Shape into loaves.
- 5Place in well-greased loaf pans or braid and place on cookie sheets. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- 6Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Challah
Serving Size: 1 (2276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1346.1
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 1805.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 247.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 39.6 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 49.8 g