I love carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I make several different kinds. This one incorporates whole wheat flour.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained,2 tblsps juice reserved
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- cream cheese frosting (recipe is in my cookbook)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter 13 x 9 inch pyrex baking dish.
- Combine oil, sugars and eggs in mixing bowl.
- Sift together flours, cinnamon, soda and salt.
- Mix into liquid ingredients.
- Stir in carrots, pineapple with reserved juice and walnuts.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Ice with Cream Cheese Frosting.