Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I make several different kinds. This one incorporates whole wheat flour.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained,2 tblsps juice reserved
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- cream cheese frosting (recipe is in my cookbook)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter 13 x 9 inch pyrex baking dish.
- Combine oil, sugars and eggs in mixing bowl.
- Sift together flours, cinnamon, soda and salt.
- Mix into liquid ingredients.
- Stir in carrots, pineapple with reserved juice and walnuts.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Ice with Cream Cheese Frosting.
I love whole wheat baked goods and I love carrot cake so this recipe was a wonderful find. My friends marvelled at its delicious perfection and my prowess with the oven, but I shrugged and said, "It was easy!"
This was delicious. We also appreciate the addition of whole wheat.
What a fantastic carrot cake recipe! I love it! I doubled the recipe (make sure you use 4 TBS of pineapple juice instead of 2. The converter doesn't make the change for you.) and made a huge batch of muffins. I wanted to make the cream cheese frosting but it doesn't say which cookbook it's in- evelyn/athens has several. So I just did a regular search and came up with a great one. These are so yummy!