1/3 Photos of Whole Wheat Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
I love carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I make several different kinds. This one incorporates whole wheat flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained,2 tblsps juice reserved
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- cream cheese frosting (recipe is in my cookbook)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter 13 x 9 inch pyrex baking dish.
- 3Combine oil, sugars and eggs in mixing bowl.
- 4Sift together flours, cinnamon, soda and salt.
- 5Mix into liquid ingredients.
- 6Stir in carrots, pineapple with reserved juice and walnuts.
- 7Bake about 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- 9Ice with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.6
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 242.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g