Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love playing with pancake batters. I recently made some Whole Wheat Zucchini Carrot Pancakes and decided to take them to the next lever with a Cream Cheese-Maple Syrup. And oh, oh, oh, my word! Yes...these are safe to call dinner. Or breakfast. Or lunch. Or an after school snack. Or a midnight snack. Or all of the above. (But maybe not in the same day!!?!!) These pancakes are made with whole wheat flour and maple syrup. So they are actually good for you. (Despite the fact that the name of the recipe sounds like a dessert. They are the real deal for a meal!)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk (or 1 1/2 depending on how thick you like your pancakes)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated carrots
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 12 sausage patties
- 20 eggs
- fresh fruit
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together th flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk in the milk, egg, applesauce, maple syrup, and melted butter. Fold in the grated carrots.
- Cook pancakes on hot, greased griddle. Repeat until all batter is used.
- To make cream cheese syrup, whisk together equal parts of maple syrup and cream cheese and add a dash or two of cinnamon. Pour over hot pancakes.
- Serve Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Pancakes & Cream Cheese Maple Syrup with a side of sausage, scrambled eggs and fresh fruit.