Recipe by Poker Roach
I was working as the trail/camp cook for an outfitting company in Wyoming and wanted to make butterscotch brownies for the guests. This is my adaptation after reviewing a few recipes. It is designed for high-altitude baking (the ranch was at 6,800 feet).
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cashews
- 1. Blend brown sugar and melted butter until smooth.
- 2. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder & salt - whisk together and set aside.
- 3. In a third bowl combine the eggs and vanilla - beat together lightly.
- 4. Add egg mixture to the sugar/butter combo and beat at medium speed for about 8 minutes.
- 5. Fold in the flour mixture and beat 2 minutes or until blended.
- 6. Fold the cashews into the mixture.
- 7. Pour into a greased 13"x9" pan.
- 8. Bake in a 350 f. degree oven for 30-40 minutes.