Poker Roach's Note:
I was working as the trail/camp cook for an outfitting company in Wyoming and wanted to make butterscotch brownies for the guests. This is my adaptation after reviewing a few recipes. It is designed for high-altitude baking (the ranch was at 6,800 feet).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Blend brown sugar and melted butter until smooth.
- 22. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder & salt - whisk together and set aside.
- 33. In a third bowl combine the eggs and vanilla - beat together lightly.
- 44. Add egg mixture to the sugar/butter combo and beat at medium speed for about 8 minutes.
- 55. Fold in the flour mixture and beat 2 minutes or until blended.
- 66. Fold the cashews into the mixture.
- 77. Pour into a greased 13"x9" pan.
- 88. Bake in a 350 f. degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Butterscotch Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.5
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 354.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 8.8 g