Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crisp, healthy and better for you then most waffles. I found this recipe in The Breakfast Book. My family really liked these waffles. When I made these waffles I added a scoop of protein powder. I did not add the 1/4 cup of milk as I didn't think they needed it as I mixed my batter with a hand mixer. When I made these I got 14 square waffles.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1⁄4 cup milk, if desired
- Put the flours into a mixing bowl and add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Stir with a fork to blend.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs until well blended. Stir in the buttermilk and the melted butter (cooled off a little). Stir the mixture until well mixed if the batter seems rather thick, add the 1/4 cup milk to thin it. The batter should flow from the spoon, not plop.
- Bake in a hot waffle iron until crisp and golden. Serve hot.
thanx this was just what i was looking for !!! very good!