Recipe by Nikki
The perfect rusk recipe for dunking in coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. I actually sell these rusks to make a little extra money!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Not knowing what 'rusks' were, I almost bypassed this recipe, but curiousity got the better of me, & I'm a much happier camper because of that! I actually made the recipe before reading the other reviews (so used the full 2 cups of sugar), & what can I say but that I'm glad I didn't cut back on it ~ Of course, I have a sweet tooth that needs much satisfhing, so . . . ! The buttermilk I always use is also a low-fat version! This recipe is definitely a keeper for me, & these little tasties will appear often on my finger food counter from now on! [Made & reviewed for 1 of the chefs that I adopted in the current Pick A Chef]
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Melt margarine and beat in buttermilk until creamy.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Press into greased baking sheet, pressing until it reaches all the edges and corners.
- Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes.
- Cut into fingers and spread out onto 2 baking trays.
- Dry in a 100°C oven for 1 1/2-2 hours.