- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup sour milk (1 c. lowfat milk + 1 tbsp. vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat the egg, milk and oil together.
- Add the liquids to the flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Pour the batter onto a greased hot griddle.
- Serve with fresh fruit slices, unsweetened applesauce or low-calorie syrup.