Recipe by Ridgely
These pancakes are very tasty and you just feel good serving them to your family and they love them too. This recipe is from Cooking Light magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine buttermilk, oil, egg and egg white, stirring with a whisk, add to flour mixture, stirring until just moist.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle.
- Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges looked cooked.