Recipe by SnowHat
Whole-wheat flour and buttermilk combine to make a hearty but light pancake with a slight tang.
Top Review by Shannon Holmes
Very delicious. I changed a few things, I made these with 1 cup soured milk (I like my pancakes THICK), 1/4 eggbeaters, 1/4 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup regular olive oil and about 1/2 tsp. vanilla. It made 9 good sized pancakes for me, they were nice and thick and fluffy. I liked the texture of these from the cornmeal, slightly crunchy. I served mine with blueberry sauce. Would make again, thanks for posting this recipe :)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- COMBINE whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Combine buttermilk, eggs and honey in a medium bowl.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir until blended but still lumpy.
- HEAT prepared griddle over medium heat until hot.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter onto griddle.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter.