Recipe by Debbwl
Came across these on a web site called how sweet it is the other day and with the vanilla maple glaze they are a true sweet treat. Take note these are not for the diet conscious.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large bananas, ripe and mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Vanilla Maple Glaze
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Measure out the milk and add the vanilla extract to it. Whisk together the dry ingredients and add in milk and vanilla, stirring to combine. The mixture will still be dry. Add in mashed bananas and mix. Add in melted butter and stir until batter is somewhat smooth.
- Heat a skillet or grilled on medium heat. Using a 1/3 cup measure, spoon batter into rounds and cook until bubbles form on top – about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for a minute or two more. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve hot with vanilla maple glaze.
- Glaze: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth. Pour over pancakes.
- Note: if you don’t have/can’t find whole wheat pastry flour, use 1 cup of regular whole wheat and 1 cup of all purpose. Or 2 cups of all purpose.