Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 -2 slice swiss cheese
- 1 slice tomatoes
- coarse salt and pepper
- Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 400°. Split English muffin; toast directly on oven rack. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet (or toaster-oven tray). Spread muffin halves with butter.
- Layer bottom half with Canadian bacon, Swiss cheese, and tomato; sprinkle with coarse salt and ground pepper. Return to oven; bake until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Top with other muffin half.
- Per serving: 368 calories; 18 grams fat; 22.7 grams protein; 30.9 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams fiber.
- Note: Note: Instead of butter, you can spread the muffins with Dijon or grainy mustard; you can also use other types of cheese, such as provolone or cheddar.
This was a very good and filling breakfast sandwich. Thanks for sharing this recipe!