Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I don't normally have a lot of time for breakfast in the morning. I'm also trying to move towards eating more whole grains. This recipe is my own creation to fill those needs, loosely based on some recipes I looked at for both oatmeal and anadama bread in the bread machine. I get 16 rolls out of this. They're pretty dense and filling. One of my best friends tried these, and her comment was "This is really good. But it tastes so HEALTHY." Exactly what I was trying to accomplish. These are great with some peanut butter and fruit jam for breakfast on-the-go.
- Bring the water to a boil. Pour over the cornmeal, stir well, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the cornmeal mixture to the bread machine pan.
- Mix the 2 flours together (I do this with a whisk to get them nicely integrated).
- Add the dough ingredients to the bread machine pan in the order indicated by the manufacturer.
- Process on the 1 1/2 lb dough cycle.
- Remove the dough from the machine and knead in the rolled oats and raisins.
- Form the dough into a tight ball and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- With a bench scraper, divide the dough into 16 pieces. Form each piece into a ball.
- Place the balls on a cookie sheet covered w/ parchment paper. Cover them with plastic wrap and let them rise until doubled (normally ~30 minutes). Preheat the oven to 400°F while they're rising.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Delicious and one is only 6 ww points!! Loved it thanks!