1/1 Photo of Whole Wheat Breakfast Rolls (A B M)
3 hrs 10 mins
I don't normally have a lot of time for breakfast in the morning. I'm also trying to move towards eating more whole grains. This recipe is my own creation to fill those needs, loosely based on some recipes I looked at for both oatmeal and anadama bread in the bread machine. I get 16 rolls out of this. They're pretty dense and filling. One of my best friends tried these, and her comment was "This is really good. But it tastes so HEALTHY." Exactly what I was trying to accomplish. These are great with some peanut butter and fruit jam for breakfast on-the-go.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups mixed flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1Bring the water to a boil. Pour over the cornmeal, stir well, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 2Add the cornmeal mixture to the bread machine pan.
- 3Mix the 2 flours together (I do this with a whisk to get them nicely integrated).
- 4Add the dough ingredients to the bread machine pan in the order indicated by the manufacturer.
- 5Process on the 1 1/2 lb dough cycle.
- 6Remove the dough from the machine and knead in the rolled oats and raisins.
- 7Form the dough into a tight ball and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- 8With a bench scraper, divide the dough into 16 pieces. Form each piece into a ball.
- 9Place the balls on a cookie sheet covered w/ parchment paper. Cover them with plastic wrap and let them rise until doubled (normally ~30 minutes). Preheat the oven to 400°F while they're rising.
- 10Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 11Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Breakfast Rolls (A B M)
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.0
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 232.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g