Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Blazingly baked western omelet and whole wheat muffins. Substitute any veggie combo or add your favorite meats for a carnivorous feast. Quick to prepare and bake, they're the perfect on-the-go breakfast treat.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs (2, 2 divided)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red & green peppers
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 5 -7 dashes smoked TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce (to taste)
- Saute peppers and onions in oil w/seasoned salt and tabasco over medium-low heat, until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Combine milk, oil and 2 eggs; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and second 2 eggs. Add cheddar cheese; mix well. Stir in pepper/onion mixture. Spoon 2 tablespoons in the center of each muffin. Bake at 425 degrees F for 13-15 minutes or until muffins test done. Serve warm.