Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I love bread that is made with just whole wheat flour. This recipe I found on the web and adapted. The original was made by someone who ground their own flour and well, that is not happening at my house.
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour bread flour (or add wheat gluten)
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (purified water works best!)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Add liquids first.
- Add 2 cups of flour.
- Add Salt.
- Add rest of flour and flax seed.
- Add yeast.
- Bake in Bread Machine that can handle a two pound loaf and has a whole wheat setting.