2 hrs 30 mins
A great every-day bread, good for toast and sandwiches. I have dark, coated metal pans, so I bake it at 350. This came from a great frugality blog called Wanting What You Have. The author recommends putting the dry ingredients in a ziploc (in reverse order), then storing several batches in the freezer, to streamline the process. Prep time includes dough cycle on my bread machine and rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place ingredients in your bread machine hopper in the order listed. Make a small well to rest the yeast inches.
- 2Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- 3Place hopper in the machine and select the dough cycle for a 1.5 lb loaf.
- 4When the cycle has completed, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface (I use a silicone baking mat with a light coat of cooking spray.) Shape the dough into a uniform loaf.
- 5Place the dough into the prepared bread pan.
- 6Cover with a damp towel and let rise to double it's size.
- 7Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- 8Bake the bread for 30-40 minutes, until the crust is browned and makes a hollow sound when tapped.
- 9Allow to cool before slicing.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Bread Machine Bread
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.5
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 170.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g