1/4 Photos of Whole Wheat Bread
1 hr 10 mins
These are fluffy and soft. From "Recipes from the Old Mill - Baking With Whole Grains" by Sarah E. Myers and Mary Beth Lind.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine some of flour, yeast, salt, dough enhancer.
- 2Combine water, oil, honey. Add to dry. Mix until well distributed. Let rest for 15-20 minutes til double.
- 3Add the rest of flour. Mix using mixer until (it cleans the sides of bowl). Add more flour, if needed.
- 4Knead until soft and smooth. About 10-15 minutes.
- 5On floured surface, shape into 3 (7 1/2" loaf) place in greased loaf. Cover, let rise until double.
- 6Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. I made them in rolls, baked for around 10-15 minutes depending on size.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1957 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1508.1
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 2474.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 276.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 40.1 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 53.7 g