Recipe by Delish
This is a recipe using 100% whole wheat flour. My mother made this when I was growing up. Homemade bread is my ultimate comfort food. If it's warm from the oven, I'll choose it over dessert. I get so much satisfaction when I pull homemade bread or rolls out of the oven. This recipe makes 3 large loaves and uses basic ingredients. You won't be dissapointed! Delicious with butter and homemade jam on top. Yummy!
Top Review by SarasotaCook
A very nice recipe. I don't bake very often, just because I prefer cooking; but I do enjoy fresh bread. This was a light bread with a very good flavor. It came out perfect!
Thx for sharing
- 5 -6 tablespoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 cup honey
- 10 -13 cups whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften yeast in warm water for about 5 minutes.
- Dissolve honey in hot water; stir in salt and oil. Cool to lukewarm.
- Add softened yeast to honey mixture.
- Gradually mix in flour until gluten develops and the dough begins pulling away from sides of mixing bowl. Don't add too much flour or bread will be too dry.
- Spray sides of bowl with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until double in size.
- Punch dough down and form into 3 equal loaves.
- Place in greased loaf pans and let rise again until doubled.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. (I put pans on bottom rack of oven).
- Place pans on wire racks and cool for 5-10 minutes before removing bread from pans.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes longer before cutting.