Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a variation I invented on my easy waffle recipe. It makes a quick, hearty breakfast, and is delicious with fruit syrup. Even with a non-stick waffle iron, I suggest spraying a cooking spray onto the plates between each waffles. Blueberries don't understand the meaning of "non-stick". The blueberries also mess up the auto-sensor on my waffle iron, so they need to come out before the waffle iron thinks they are done--I look to see when they stop steaming.
- Separate the eggs, then beat the whites until they reach the soft peak stage. Set aside.
- sift together the flour, salt, and powder.
- blend the egg yolks, milk and oil into the flour mixture until well mixed.
- carefully fold in the egg whites.
- carefully stir in the blueberries--the more movement the berries have in the batter, the more likely they are to turn the batter purple.
- spoon onto a greased waffle iron.
- cook until done.