Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm posting this so I don't lose it.. I think I'll be trying this soon with all wholewheat pastry flour!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups 1% fat buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Turn onto a floured surface; gently knead 10 times.
- Transfer dough to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Pat into a 9-in. circle.
- Cut into 12 wedges, but do not separate. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
I used just whole wheat flour in this recipe and it worked out great. I also used brown sugar twin instead of brown sugar. I used fresh blueberries and rolled them in sugar before adding them to the mix. Delightful breakfast for us! Thank you Chef!