A Messy Cook's Note:
These awesome scones are packed with fresh blueberries and hearty whole grain goodness! Great for breakfast, brunch, or afternoon tea. Serve warm with butter and honey, fruit jam, or just on their own! Original recipe is from Light and Tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first five ingredients in large bowl.
- 2Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Stir in buttermilk just until moistened; stir in blueberries.
- 4Turn onto floured surface and gently knead 10 times.
- 5Transfer dough to greased baking sheet and pat into 9-inch circle; cut into 12 wedges, but do not separate.
- 6Bake scones at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown, and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Blueberry Scones
Serving Size: 1 (1260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 231.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 5.9 g