Recipe by adams.wifey
This is an easy and tasty muffin. There is very little refined sugar in the recipe and no dairy. However - they are so good that no one will ever know how healthy they are.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Yummy vegan muffins! I've made vegan muffins before using Earth Balance but had never tried it with agave nectar. The muffins are flavorful, moist and very healthy! I loved the whole wheat and blueberries, but my husbands' favorite part was the sugar/oat topping. Thanks for posting! Made for Spring PAC.
- 709.77 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 59.14 ml ground flax seeds (optional)
- 158.51 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml agave nectar or 236.59 ml honey
- 1 mashed banana (or 1/2 c. soymilk)
- 236.59 ml blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml oat bran (or ground oats)
- 118.29 ml sugar (turbanado sugar works best)
- 14.79 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml margarine (earth balance works well) or 118.29 ml coconut oil (earth balance works well)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dry muffin ingrediends in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and stir just until mixed. If mixture seems too thick, add a couple tablespoons soymilk or water.
- Add in blueberries.
- Grease muffin tins and fill about 3/4 full.
- Mix together crumb topping with your hands and sprinkle some onto each muffin - enough to cover the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden on top and done.