Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an extremely basic recipe for whole wheat muffins. My version uses spenlda, but it can be made with the same amount of sugar. You can swap other fruit for the blueberries. I like chopped apples and some extra cinnamon or cranberries. I've found that freezing the fruit keeps it suspended in the batter so it doesn't all sink to the bottom of the muffin.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl stir together wet ingredients, combining applesauce, milk, splenda, vanilla, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl stir together dry ingredients, combining the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and blueberries to the wet mixture, stirring only until just combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tins.
- Bake approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.