Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an extremely basic recipe for whole wheat muffins. My version uses spenlda, but it can be made with the same amount of sugar. You can swap other fruit for the blueberries. I like chopped apples and some extra cinnamon or cranberries. I've found that freezing the fruit keeps it suspended in the batter so it doesn't all sink to the bottom of the muffin.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl stir together wet ingredients, combining applesauce, milk, splenda, vanilla, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl stir together dry ingredients, combining the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and blueberries to the wet mixture, stirring only until just combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tins.
- Bake approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Very fast and easy! Just the recipe to use up the blueberries I threw in the freezer last summer. I bake very little because I try to avoid sweets, so was thrilled to find this great recipe. No fat in it at all! Finally something my husband and I can take in lunch bags and not feel guilty. Thanks! I made 21 muffins using the "large" size muffin papers and reduced backing time by a minute or 2 as they were slightly smaller. 18 muffins would be good-sized ones - I would have needed the "extra-large" muffin papers.