This is an extremely basic recipe for whole wheat muffins. My version uses spenlda, but it can be made with the same amount of sugar. You can swap other fruit for the blueberries. I like chopped apples and some extra cinnamon or cranberries. I've found that freezing the fruit keeps it suspended in the batter so it doesn't all sink to the bottom of the muffin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a bowl stir together wet ingredients, combining applesauce, milk, splenda, vanilla, and eggs.
- 3In a separate bowl stir together dry ingredients, combining the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- 4Add the dry ingredients and blueberries to the wet mixture, stirring only until just combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- 5Pour batter into a greased muffin tins.
- 6Bake approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins (Sugar Free - Splenda)
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.1
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 172.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: