Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy lowfat muffins! Great to make ahead for breakfasts!
Make and share this Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper cupcake liners.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Beat milk, oil, honey, and egg whites in a large bowl.
- Stir in flours, baking powder, and salt just until everything is moistened (will be lumpy).
- Fold in berries.
- Divide evenly among tins (is ok if they are full).
- Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan immediately!
Very good! I did use a real egg and added a little flour to the topping mix. I only made 1/2 a recipe of the topping mix and it still made too much. next time, I'll try 1/4 a recipe of that. The sweetness was perfect for us.Thanks for a great recipe.
Followed the suggestions of other reviewers (a little more milk and honey; a touch of flour in the brown sugar & cinnamon topping) and used an egg instead of egg substitute. These are moist and delicious muffins - perfect for breakfast or a snack!
Almost perfect! Due to other reviews of the muffin not being sweet enough I did twice the amount of honey 1/2cup. My blueberries we picked a little early at a farm so they were a little sour so I thawed them overnight w/ reg sugar stirred in w/ them. I also added a tiny bit more oil so almost a 3rd cup and a tiny bit more milk so no quite 1 cup. The topping is amazing!!!! By far the best part but mine were sweet enough and rose nicely I made 12muffins! We will make again since we love going to the blueberry farm! Thank you. My 1.5 year old wasn't a fan oh well berries were to sour for him.