Recipe by ChipotleChick
Yummy lowfat muffins! Great to make ahead for breakfasts!
Top Review by Blessed*One
Very good! I did use a real egg and added a little flour to the topping mix. I only made 1/2 a recipe of the topping mix and it still made too much. next time, I'll try 1/4 a recipe of that. The sweetness was perfect for us.Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (thawed and drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper cupcake liners.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Beat milk, oil, honey, and egg whites in a large bowl.
- Stir in flours, baking powder, and salt just until everything is moistened (will be lumpy).
- Fold in berries.
- Divide evenly among tins (is ok if they are full).
- Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan immediately!