Recipe by theAmateurPastryChef
From the Betty Crocker website, putting it here for safe keeping. I think I'm going to replace all of the flour with White Whole Wheat flour when I make it.
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk, skim or 3⁄4 cup soymilk or 3⁄4 cup almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup organic frozen blueberries, do not thaw (from 8-oz bag)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray, or place paper baking cup in each muffin cup.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat milk, oil, honey and egg with spoon.
- Stir in flours, baking powder and salt just until flours are moistened (batter will be lumpy). Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be full).
- Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.