Prep 6 mins
Cook 2 mins
Super quick and easy way to have pancakes or waffles from freshly-ground wheat--without needing a mill! Use white wheat kernels for lightest results.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1 cup wheat
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend the water, powdered milk, and wheat kernels (uncooked, unsoaked kernels) in blender on high speed for 4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix on medium speed until well incorporated but still slightly lumpy. Add water if you desire more runny batter for pancakes.
- Pour onto sprayed/greased griddle or waffle iron, and cook accordingly.
This is a wonderful, quick, inexpensive breakfast. What more could you ask? Thanks for sharing!