Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a recipe from Dojemi that I have slightly tweaked. It's super easy and very tasty
Make and share this Whole Wheat Beer Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Pour in beer, stir until a stiff batter is formed.It may be necessary to mix down with your hands.
- Scrape dough into prepared loaf pan.
- Pour melted butter over top of dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
This is easy and delicious. I used it for egg salad sandwiches for lunch and toasted for breakfast this morning. Yummy! Thanks for posting Smockmock. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.
Very good! I dislike beer, and only use it in bread recipes. This one is excellent!