Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 8 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons honey-molasses
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 3 1⁄2 cups water, very warm
- 3 tablespoons soya flour
- 3 cups corn oil
- 3 (1/4 ounce) packets yeast
- 2 tablespoons salt
- This recipe is for 2 loaves of bread.
- If one loaf is desired, use 2 packages yeast instead of 3 and cut all other ingredients in half.
- Wheat germ and soya flour may be omitted.
- Put flour in oven to warm, at lowest heat.
- In a VERY large bowl, dissolve yeast in 3/4 cup of very warm water.
- Add honey to yeast.
- Coat loaf pans well with margarine and flour.
- Add oil, 2-1/2 cups warm water, and 2T salt yeast.
- Add about 4c flour mixture and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add more flour, beating well.
- Dough should be sticky - if runny, add more flour.
- Put in pans, smoothing top and making sure dough is pushed into corners.
- Cover with hot, wet towel and let rise in warm place.
- Check bread in about 20 minutes and keep checking to be sure dough doesn't rise over lip of pan.
- When dough has risen ALMOST to lip of pan, bake at 450 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately and cool on rack.