Recipe by LuAnn_Mason
Whole Wheat batter bread in a can. Really easy if you don't have a large stand mixer or bread machine, and don't like kneading by hand.
- 1 tablespoon saf instant yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk (not condensed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or 2 cups all whole wheat flour or 2 cups all white flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- 2 EMPTY 28 oz cans, well rinsed, dried, and greased well, labels removed for baking loaves.
- Combine water, honey, oil and evaporated milk. Stir together flours, salt, and instant yeast. Add dry ingredients 1 cup at a time to liquid, beating well with a large spoon after each addition. Divide dough evenly between the two greased cans. Cover each can with greased plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place approximately 1 to 1/2 hours until dough rises above lip of can. Remove plastic wrap when risen, and bake in 350 oven 50-60 minutes, until loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Let cool in cans on rack 10 minutes. With a sharp knife, loosen the crust around the edge of the can, and slide each loaf out of can, cooling on rack.