Recipe by wife2abadge
Requires no kneading, and even my whole wheat bread hating kids liked it. The baking time includes time for the bread to rise.
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopesfleischmann's fast rising yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups whole wheat flour, undissolved yeast, and salt.
- Heat water, milk, honey, and butter until very warm (120* to 130*F).
- Add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add 1 / 2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in remaining flour to make stiff batter.
- Place in greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375*F for 45 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.