Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
For serious basil lovers only. This is delicious and can accompany any Italian meal. I like that it calls for dried basil, something I always have on hand.
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) package whole wheat penne
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in the olive oil, along with the dried basil. Saute over medium heat and stir frequently so the basil does not burn.
- Cook until onions are tender and translucent.
- Add salt to taste.
- When pasta is done, drain and add onion basil mixture.
- Add cheese and toss to coat.
- Serve warm.
- Add salt to taste if needed.