Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
recipe for the 2005 strawberry swap contest. This is great for breakfast and a great way to get in your grains! Especially if you have young kids!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 5⁄8 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup chopped strawberry
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl blend together with an electric mixer the oil, sugar, eggs and banana until well combined.
- Add banana mix to the flour mix. Add the strawberries. Mix with a spoon until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the mix into the loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the loaf is well browned.