Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mildly flavored, these muffins are good for breakfast.
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed with enough milk added to make 1/2 cup
- 1 large pear, peeled and diced (you can use 2 smaller pears as well)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a smaller bowl, melt coconut oil. Add honey, then eggs and mix well.
- Mix in mashed banana/milk mixture.
- Mix in diced pears.
- Line 6 extra large muffin cups with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Fill each cup using up all of batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Watch carefully towards end of cooking time.
- Cool on wire rack.