Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yum yum pancakes :P
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, sift together 1 cup whole wheat flour, ½ cup all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1½ teaspoons baking powder, and ½ tsp salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1½ cup 2% low fat milk, 3 tablespoons melted butter, 2 large eggs, and ½ teaspoons vanilla.
- Pour the milk/egg mixture over the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Ladle about ¼ to ½ cup of pancake batter onto a frying pan or griddle that has been lightly greased with butter. Place thinly sliced bananas on top of the pancake batter in the pan. Let pancake cook until the edges are dry and small air holes have popped up all over the surface, about 1½ minutes. Lift the edge of the pancake to check for golden brownness underneath. Turn the pancake over and cook for another 30 seconds until cooked through.
- Repeat until all your pancakes are made.