Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A healthier version of an old favorite.
Make and share this Whole Wheat Banana Nut Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional, add to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional, add to taste) (optional)
- 1 banana (ripe and mashed)
- 1⁄8 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup nuts (optional, pecans or walnuts recommended) (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients and mix well. Add dry ingredients and combine throughly. Add more milk or flour as necessary to make the batter a "pancake batter-like" consistency (slightly runny). Stir in nuts.
- Cook on griddle over medium heat until golden brown on each side.
- Great topped with warm maple syrup or plain.
These were very yummy and healthy. I added a tsp. of vanilla to the batter and sprinkled mini chocolate chips on the pancakes for my daughter and we gobbled them up. Thanks!
I made this recipe (you can see my photo on the front page). It was absolutely delicious. I did have to add quite a bit more milk to get it to the right consistency, but otherwise it was spot on. You can see how I made it (through photographs) at http://soprettyisasprettydoes.com/2013/05/02/banana-walnut-pancakes/
My 2 yr old son was chowing down! These were very good - both taste-y and nutritious! I think I used about 3/4 cup milk to get the consistency that I prefer to use. Thanks for great the recipe!