- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional, add to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional, add to taste) (optional)
- 1 banana (ripe and mashed)
- 1⁄8 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup nuts (optional, pecans or walnuts recommended) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients and mix well. Add dry ingredients and combine throughly. Add more milk or flour as necessary to make the batter a "pancake batter-like" consistency (slightly runny). Stir in nuts.
- Cook on griddle over medium heat until golden brown on each side.
- Great topped with warm maple syrup or plain.