1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Very moist flavorful banana bread, based on a recipe from King Arthur Flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- 2In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla, baking soda, salt, and bananas, beating until well combined. The mixture will be fairly smooth, with some scattered small chunks of banana.
- 3Beat in the honey, oil and eggs.
- 4Add the flour & cinnamon, then the walnuts, stirring until smooth.
- 5Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- 6Bake the bread for 50 minutes, then gently lay a piece of aluminum foil across the top, to prevent over-browning. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, then remove the bread from the oven; a long toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center should come out clean.
- 7Allow the loaf to cool for 10 minutes; then remove it from the pan, and set it on a rack to cool completely.
- 8Yield: 1 loaf, 16 to 18 servings.
- 9For best flavor, wrap and allow to rest overnight before slicing.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 217.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g