Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mother's recipe. Great healthy breakfast to go!
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Combine wet ingredients in a different bowl and beat well together.
- Add beaten wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir until moistened.
- Fill baking cups 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minute.
This recipe is a great go-to for those browning bananas. I'm always hesitate to use only whole wheat flour but these turned out light and fluffy. I substituted splenda for sugar, added blueberries, and sprinkled them with chia seeds. I definitely recommend this recipe- Thanks!
I searched through many different banana muffin recipes before I found this one. I have to say I made the right choice.....these are delicious. I added a tsp. of vanilla extract, a little cinnamon, and chocolate chips and I am in love. I could sit down right now and eat the whole batch. I will definitely be making these again and I have already bookmarked the recipe....thanks!!!
These muffins were awesome! I added some cinnamon and they were so good. I will definately be making these again!