Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Moist and Yummy!!
- 6 mashed bananas
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix dry ingredients, in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Mix mashed banana, sugar and eggs.
- Add melted butter and applesauce.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until moistened.
- Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes.
I was a little skeptical about this because it looked really dry when I started to fold everything together. Once it was thoroughly combined, it looked like other recipes for banana muffins. Baked them and they turned out great. Convinced this skeptic!
Delicious! Light, moist, and very lowfat but you'd never know it. A great way to use up all of the brown bananas in my freezer. I got 21 regular-sized muffins. Greased the pans though they didn't stick much. For 1 1/3 t baking powder, I used a heaping 1 1/4 t. The kids will love these but will never guess they're healthy. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2007.